Monday, November 10, 2008

Winter...already.

What happened to autumn? And were it not for Katrina, who sent me Halloween-in-a-Box, Samhain would have gone by virtually unnoticed as well. But now that it's officially WInter - to me, anyway, and others who find the old calendar more sensible as well as comforting - I'm trying to institute a few gentle changes.

There's a new look over at mumsananarchist. Would have been one here as well, only there are few choices at blogspot and none that I like nearly as well as I like this one. That's my main issue with blogspot - so few choices and none like the little mood characters. Anyway, over there will be for ruminating, alarums, diversions, and endless commentary on the passing scenery. Here will be for more personal chitchat. At least until I get bored with that format too.

So without further ado, today's personal chitchat:

I was going to go to the Y this morning and swim, really I was. I got plenty of sleep and even had dreams about swimming at the Y. Problem was, I failed to factor in the apparent consumption of something toxic. Spent the day in bed (the part that wasn't spent in the bathroom.) Still not feeling too tiptop.

But I am feeling abnormally psychic, even for me. Which is making me uncomfortable, to say the least. Black dogs circling, too.

And I miss the children.

And all the various lost but not forgotten. Even if they are only Over There and not actually gone. I miss having them around the table.

John took the opportunity of no wifely supervision to mess up his knee again, so he's bedridden for the forseeable future - or until I get tired of feeding fires and dogs, watching over Clowns, running errands, and generally stepping and fetching for all I'm worth, at which point he had best be healed.

Invalid. Interesting word and concept. First definition is of one who is sick or injured, but quick on its heels is the adjectival form with the general sense of unworthiness. Not fair to pick on a person when he's down.

I guess maybe we'd all better get some rest.







No comments: