Saturday, March 17, 2007

New Year

It's my birthday! I'm making lots of changes this year, and anyone who is interested is invited to follow along. I'll be posting when it occurs to me, and I can't make promises about content. You're welcome to make comments, but please don't be too harsh - I'm perfectly capable of self-criticism, and if your remark is too unprintable it'll just get, well, unprinted. This is mostly just for fun, although if we learn something along the way, that'll be okay, too.

I live on Jackass Hill (hence the blog's name) and am a professional gardener. We also do organic farming - mostly field crops at the moment, but I want to expand into medicinals and magickals, flowers and food crops, selling the excess at the Farmer's Market or at a stand in front of the house. The house next door, which we bought at tax auction, is falling down, but if I can, I'd like to save and repair it and call it The Hermitage (we called the previous tenant The Hermit.) I'm not sure what comes after that- maybe a store of some kind.

I'm surprised that I'm starting a blog - I always thought it was silly, putting oneself out there for the world to see (and take pot shots.) I have this new Mac, though, you see....

So, for this, my *clears throat self-consciously* 52nd year, some ideas:
  • getting the house clean and organized and ridding ourselves of The Excess Stuff
  • getting control of the up-again, down-again weight thing
  • learning astrology, cards and runes well enough that I can read without having books at hand
  • a regular meditation practice
  • and last, or perhaps it should be first, asking more of myself - being firm enough with myself that I get up and do what I have to do rather than staying seated and fussing because not enough is tackled, let alone completed.
On that note, it begins! Welcome aboard!

No comments: